Thursday, April 6, 2017

Grateful Bunch Swaps

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on my blog.  I've had this one almost ready to go and just kept forgetting to post!!  Last week was pretty busy for us.  Sonny found a new surgeon and had his hernia surgery on Friday morning.  We were back home by noon so it was pretty fast.  They did it laproscopic and he has not had a minutes pain.  We are both just amazed.  I don't know what the first surgeon was talking about when he told us recovery was the same with laproscopic and cutting you.  He is back to doing his regular activities and went golfing on Monday!

On Saturday, he and I went to downtown Charlotte and walked around an old historic cemetery for about 4 hours as the Mecklenburg Historical Society put on "Voices of the Past."  It was so interesting!!  I would highly recommend you go if you are in the area when they do this again next year.  (Yes, it was such a hit that they plan on doing it again.)  Here is a link that tells about the wonderful event of Voices of the Past.

Below are a couple of the swap cards that I made for the Stampin' Up On Stage event which is this Saturday.  Marianne and I are driving to Richmond, Virginia later today.  We will do some sightseeing on Friday and the SU event is Saturday.  I am excited as we will be receiving the new annual catalog!

These cards use the set Grateful Bunch.  For the first card I used the matching punch for the flowers that I had stamped in Elegant Eggplant.




This second card is stamped in Soft Suede.  I used my Blender Pen and watercolor pencils for the flowers - a really easy card!


No comments: