Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Paper Pumpkin - Alternatives

When I bring the mail in, it's usually promotional flyers, bills, junk mail that goes straight in the recycle bin  .... but once a month, I get a bright red box that makes me smile.  It makes my day!  Paper Pumpkin is a monthly project kit subscription.  Each box is a surprise but it always contains a project that is completely designed, cut, and ready to create.  You also get exclusive photopolymer stamp sets each month and mini ink spots.

Sometimes I make up the Paper Pumpkin projects exactly like they are intended.  But often times I prefer to make alternative projects to share and inspire you.  The February Paper Pumpkin kit has been sitting on my desk over a month now and today I decided to create it.  A friend recently asked me about alternate projects to make with this kit so I hope she enjoys these cards I made today.

For this card I cut apart one of the cards from the kit and made this candle.  It measures about 1 1/2" x 3".  I tied some white yarn around the candle and popped it up on dimensionals.   I adhered the candle flame to the Night of Navy card with glue.  I used one of the kit inserts for the white piece across the card and stamped the sentiment on it.


For the next card, I used another piece that I cut down from the card kit and matted it onto Flirty Flamingo card stock.  I used the Stitched Labels die to cut the oval.  I punched out flowers from Crushed Curry and the gold paper from the candle flames in the kit.


I think this one is my favorite!  I made a spinner card (with 2 pennies) so the Taco Truck (Sale-A-Bration) could move along the card.  It's been a long time since I made a spinner card and had to go to Splitcoast Stampers for a tutorial!


This is the original card from the Paper Pumpkin kit following the instructions given.


When you pull the tab at the bottom, you can see the rest of the message.


This next card is similar to the card above.  I cut down the DSP card and used the Adhesive Strips down the sides and top so the pull down piece slides down to reveal the message.




Most of the cards were CASEd from others I found on Pinterest.  I hope they give you some ideas to make your own alternative projects from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.

No comments: