Thursday, January 26, 2017

Paper Pumpkin Valentines

I have had a very productive two days!  I have been making cards!  I know that sounds strange because you probably think that is nothing new.  But, I have been in a card making slump for several months.  With the holidays, I was so busy with other things that I just didn't enjoy making the few Christmas cards that I made (which wasn't much!)  But yesterday and today, I had nothing on my schedule but "ME" time and I took advantage.  I've made about 15 cards in two days!  While I was on a roll yesterday, my mom called and asked if I would make 8 valentines for her for the shut-in's at her church.  Sure!  I don't have many Valentine stamps so I started going through what I did have and found several stamps and framelits that would work for Valentines.  Plus, I just received my January Paper Pumpkin which had Valentine stamps and materials to make little goodie bags.  I didn't want to make the goodie bags - leaving that for Marianne to make for mom using her Paper Pumpkin.  (Mom planned on asking Marianne to also make 8 cards for her.)

Here is what I came up with:



Not only did I use things from January's Paper Pumpkin but I also pulled the gray DSP from the December kit.  See?  You can do alternative things with Paper Pumpkin.  The December kit creates a photo/memory book with patterned paper, window sheets, stickers, washi tape and for the first time, a rotary stamp and black journaling pen.  I decided I didn't need a photo book so I created the cards above.  I am going to make a few cards and other items with the supplies I still have left.  From the January Paper Pumpkin, I used the gold heart stickers, the vellum banner, the gold thread and the "love" heart which was stamped onto a white heart that was included.  I punched the small pink hearts using the Owl punch.

The Paper Pumpkin kit is on sale through March.  Now during Sale-a-Bration is a great time to take advantage of the sale.

3-Month Prepaid Subscription (137859)
$59$55 USD/
$79$74 CAD
Get a discount on 3-month prepaid subscriptions and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
12-Month Prepaid Subscription (137861) $215 USD/$295 CAD
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save over $2/month with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin’ Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items!
This offer will end on March 31, 2016 at 11:50 PM (MT).


No comments: