Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Versatile Swirly Bird

I am sorry I have been so lax in writing in this blog.  I have been super busy working on bags, boxes, goodies, etc. for the September Quarterly as well as my own swaps!  I have all my swaps finished except for the Holiday one which I can't do until I get my pre-order some time next week.  I've got another week to get my part done before I leave for Hawaii and leave the details in Marianne and Debbie's capable hands.

I have a few Swirly Bird cards to share with you today.  I got both of them in a swap last month.  The first one just goes to show you how versatile this set is!!  I just love the swirly snowman, don't you?!!


For this next one, it can be used for any occasion.  But couldn't you see this card done in red and black and be a Disney themed card??!!!  Love it!!


I made this next card using the pieces in the Swirly Bird set to make a sailboat!  I stamped the sails onto Vellum and used my bone folder to rub the back of the striped sail so it would puff out a bit.  Makes a great male birthday card!



I had a bit of a scare today.  Mom, Marianne and I went together 2 weeks ago to have our annual mammogram done.


I got a call on Monday that I needed to come back to the Imaging Center for another mammogram and to talk to the radiologist.  So I went back today.  For my second mammogram, they did a 3-D image.  I was told that a small spot had showed up and it was still there with the 3-D so they sent me to have an ultrasound.  The radiologist came in and looked at it and explained to me that all was ok.  But what was showing up is called duct ectasia where a milk duct has widened and perhaps has become clogged.  In the mammogram, the ducts could be crossing each other and causing a shadow which looks like a spot.  There is nothing to worry about - whew!  You can imagine what was going through my mind as I was laying on the table while they did the ultrasound!

No comments: