Monday, August 15, 2016

Pretty Kitty

I love this kitten stamp set.  It's been a long time since Stampin' Up has had a really cute dog and cat stamp set.  And this year, they have both in the catalog!  I love the images on both but decided to just get the cat set .... at least for now!!   It is called Pretty Kitty and you can find it on page 101 in the Annual Catalog just below the dog set, Bella & Friends.

This is a card we made in Stamp Club using 3 of the 5 kitty images from the set.  I let each person pick which image they wanted to use.  I used the Circle Framelits to die cut the circles on the Watermelon Wonder card stock and Shimmery White for the stamped images because I wanted to watercolor.  The Misti came in handy for this card.  You can position all 3 images and stamp at the same time.  The card base and the little hearts (from the Mini Treat Bag die) are Smoky Slate.  I used Smoky Slate and my Aqua Brush to watercolor the kittens and Cajun Craze for the flower pot.  The rest of the coloring was done with markers.  The top Watermelon layer is raised with dimensionals.  This is where the new Dimensional Strips come in handy!


This Wisteria Wonder card is basically the same as the one above except when I made it, I had not gotten the Circles thinlits so used made rectangle openings for the kittens.   I used the Swirly Bird stamp set for the circles and the little bows are from the Mini Treat Bag die.


No comments: