Wednesday, August 24, 2016

My Hawaii Vaca!

I'm having so much fun here that I forgot I had a blog!!  Thought I would share some pictures of my visit.  I arrived a week ago and Ashley greeted me at the airport with a beautiful plumeria (my fav flower) lei.  Only thing is we forgot to take a picture!  Since I arrived mid afternoon (which was actually about 9 pm NC time), we headed over to Ashley's empty condo.  She had closed on it the week before and had been sleeping on an air mattress for a couple of days.  I was at first surprised at how small it was (for the $$.)  But after being here a while, think it is a great size for her (if we can figure out where to put all her stuff!)  After catching up a bit, we headed to Kailua (the next town over) to eat dinner and I had my first mai tai!  The waitress told me they were so strong they would only serve me 3.  I told her not to worry - after flying for 12 hours and knowing I was sleeping on an air mattress that night, one would be fine!  After dinner, we walked across the street to the beach.  It was a beautiful sight!




 
When we got back to the condo, we saw our first rainbow of the trip.  The view above is taken from her lanai.
 
I actually ended up staying awake until about 8 or 9:00 (2-3 am for NC).  It was not a great night though!  Ashley had put air in the mattress earlier.  Well, when I was ready to go to bed, most of the air was gone and by the end of the night ALL the air was gone.  She had hardwood floors so we were basically sleeping on the hard floor!  Not good for these old bones!  Guess there was a leak somewhere.  Ashley really felt bad about it but it was a good thing I was super tired!  We were up really early the next morning waiting for the movers who didn't arrive until almost 1 pm!!  But what a beautiful view to awaken to (below).  Every morning the clouds sit in the mountains and you can watch them rise while sitting on the lanai having breakfast.  This is another view from the lanai with a coconut tree just outside and further to the right a plumeria tree.
 

Then the fun started!  These are the steps going down to her condo (on the left).  The movers were here until after 6 pm and I know they were glad when they were done!



We had the unpack the kitchen.  Of course all they did was put things on the counter.  Ashley had to work on Wednesday so I spent the whole day in the kitchen getting it in some kind of order.


We've made a lot of progress.  We have all the boxes unpacked and now need the movers to come get them out of our way.   I spent Saturday unpacking her craft supplies and setting up her "craft closet."


We went out yesterday and bought a desk for her so that is next on my "to do" list.  The hardest part is finding a new home for all the decorative items. 

But it hasn't been all work and no fun.  We went to the North Shore one day last week and have gone out to eat several times.  We took a trip one day last week to Costco and the PX which were closer to Waikiki.  Yesterday I went to work with Ashley since she only had a morning meeting.  Our plan was to either go on a hike to Diamond Head or snorkeling but the weather did not cooperate.  It was overcast and raining off and on all day and boy, was the humidity getting to me!  So we ended up going to Waikiki and eating lunch at a restaurant close to the beach and walking through the shops and on the boardwalk before going furniture shopping.




Well, I better get back to work!!  I'll post more pictures later!!

No comments: