Sunday, July 17, 2016

Swirly Birds Swaps

I have a few Swirly Bird cards to share with you today.  This is a really versatile set and I love seeing what I can make with it.  A couple of these cards are ones I received in a shoebox swap.

Made by my sister, Marianne



I was busy all weekend making plans for the NC Quarterly me and my downlines will be hosting in September.  Our cut-off date for signing up (and paying) to come is Sept. 5 BUT as of today, we had exceeded our maximum number that we had planned on.  We were going to limit the attendance to 30 but now have 39 signed up and paid.  So that is our limit now.  It is just too hard to have more than 30 when you are doing shoebox swaps plus you need some room to move around in the room.  We are renting the conference room at the Wyndham Hotel in Mooresville.  Our Quarterly's are always so much fun but a lot of work go into getting it ready!!

Saturday, Sonny and I had a busy day.  We left the house at 10 a.m and didn't return home until about 7 pm.  We went to a movie first and then to Kohls.  That is a biggie when I can get Sonny into a clothing store!  I didn't even go into the women's section but picked out shorts and golf shirts for him to try on.  We decided with me being gone for 2 1/2 weeks in August, he needed more "wicking" golf shirts to wear since he has started playing golf 2-3 times a week.  That way he won't have to wash clothes while I am gone (not that he couldn't but he wouldn't!)  From there, we did some shopping at BJ's and Lowe's before stopping for a late lunch/early dinner at Duckworth's.

I have to brag on my sister, Angela.  She is very active in the local Lion's Club along with my mom.  They attended a Lions Club district meeting this weekend and she received the Melvin Jones Foundation Award which is the highest recognition you can receive in the international Lions Club.  She also got the Gary Steele Outstanding Zone Chair Award and the 100% Secretary award!  My dad was really active in the Charlotte Lions Club and I know he is smiling down on her as she carries on the tradition.  Way to go Angie!

No comments: