Monday, July 25, 2016

Sunshine!

Hope you had a good - and cool - weekend.  It has really been hot here - too hot for us to even want to go out on the lake.  Since Sonny has been playing golf 2-3 times a week, I think he is getting his share of the heat and doesn't want to go out in the heat on the weekend!  That's ok with me as I have a lot to do trying to get my swaps done along with other things made for the NC Quarterly my team will be hosting in September.  We ended up running errands on Saturday - WalMart, Total Wine, the Peach Stand (yum!) and to Fox & Hound for lunch/dinner.  That night we tried to watch a DVD from NetFlix but it kept messing up so we gave up.  We have been trying to watch the series, Homeland through Netflix DVDs.  I signed up for a free month last month but it has not been good!  We had already watched Season 1 which we owned and ordered the next disc from Netflix but it was so damaged, we had to return it and get another one.  Saturday we were trying to watch Disc #2 and the same thing - so damaged it is being returned!  I called today to see if they will extend our free month.  They won't but they are going to send us the next 2 DVDs in my queue.  Let's hope they will be ok.

This is another card we made last week in Stamp Club.  I love this bundle.  It has great sentiments that are included with the flowers and hearts stamps.  I pretty much CASEd this card from Brian King.  I would never have thought about putting yellow and pink together but love it! The Fine Tip Glue Pin really comes in handy with this card!





Supplies:
l  Stamps:   Sunshine Sayings
l  Ink:  black
l  Cardstock:   Flirty Flamingo, Black, Daffodil Delight
l  Accessories:   Sunshine Wishes Thinlits,
Measurements: 
l  card base:  5 ½” x 4 ¼ ”, scored and  folded at 4 ¼”
black layer 4” x 5 ¼”  /  Daffodil layer:  3 3/4” x 5”
Flirty Flamingo – ¾” x 3 ¾” / Black:  ½” x 3 ¾”
Instructions:
·        Die cut “sunshine” from black paper
·        Die cut flowers  one from black & one from Flamingo
·        Stamp sentiment on Flamingo strip.
·        Assemble card as shown.


No comments: