Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Steelers MDS Monday Challenge

MDS Monday had a great challenge this week with their weekly sketch.  I just discovered yesterday that my sketch was featured on the MDS Monday blog for the pick of the week a couple of weeks ago.  This week the challenge is to create a page highlighting something you love.  Well, there are a lot of things that I could have picked from - family, life, travelling, etc.  But, I decided since it's now football season, to pick STEELERS FOOTBALL!!  I went through some of my older photographs to pick out a few favorites.  This was good timing since Sonny and I will be going to the Steeler - Panther game in a couple of weeks thanks to a very good friend who is giving me her tickets!!


I used several stamps and elements from MDS.  My favorite tool to use is the Search tool in the bottom right.  I can just put in any word and it finds all stamps, embellishments, punches, etc. that are associated with it.  I used mostly the Game Day stamp set for this layout.  I created my own Subway Style words for the top and the bottom instead of using DSP.  I like the way it turned out.

Embellishments
    _Designer Kits\Downtown Grunge - embellishments\Downtown Grunge - frame5
    _Designer Kits\Downtown Grunge - embellishments\Downtown Grunge - frame2

Stamps
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Decorative Overlays\Decorative Overlays - grid, Color = 0,0,0
    Game Day Football\Game Day Football    
    Sporting\Sporting - score,
    Game Day Football\Game Day Football - 10 yards,
    Designer Kits\Lemonade Stand\Lemonade Stand - i heart this
    Game Day Football\Game Day Football - ball,

Punches
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = BASIC BLACK 19,27,29
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = BASIC BLACK 19,27,29
    Basics\Oval Punch, Fill Color = BAKED BROWN SUGAR 174,142,94


7 comments:

Yapha said...

What a fun page! You definitely show your Steeler pride! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday.

Unknown said...

LOVE your subway art! Can't say I'm a fan of the Steelers, though (I will always remain a Cleveland fan...even though I don't live there anymore). LOL! Great page! =)

beth rush said...

Really fun super fan page! love all your football sayings and stamps! thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

What fun background "graffiti" for your page! I love how you adapted the layout for your page, including the football, and the stencil font is perfect for it. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your love for the Steelers is very obvious here! I wish I could say I 'got' football.... but no! But I do love your page! Love the way you've made your own subway art instead of DSP. Thanks so much for playing along at MDS Monday!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

ok, I am so going o need to CASE this page. A few years ago, my oldest son came home and declared he was going to be a Steelers fan. We are a "baseball" family, so we figured that we could now say we had a football team. He hasn't wavered and for his birthday this year we surprised him with tickets to a game! Thanks fo the inspiration