Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mickey and Minnie

My oldest granddaughter is living her dream.  She loves Disney and has been accepted to the Disney College Program starting out being a character performer.  Can't wait to hear which character she will be!  She and her mom left last week for Orlando.  I know it will be hard for Darcie to leave Torri there in a few days.  I remember how hard I cried when I left Ashley at Trinity University and then three years later, left Jeff at West Point.  Whew!  That was hard!  But your kids grow up and leave home and life goes on - at least that's what's supposed to happen!  I am so proud of Torri and know this is just the beginning of a great adventure for her.

This is the card I made for her and hope she got it before leaving last week!!


It's funny - I didn't use the Dress Up framelit much and now that it is retiring, I've used it twice in the past couple of weeks!  I made the Mickey head and ears with punches.  The dress is made using the Dress Up framelit.  I die cut two dresses.  The second dress was cut at the waist; split down the center; and popped up with dimensionals on top of the first dress.  The black ribbon at the waist hides where the dresses are adhered together.  The sleeves were made using circle punches.  The lace peeking out at the bottom of the dress is made using a piece of a doily.

Hope Torri liked the card.

No comments: