Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pictures from Texas

I brought a bad cold home with me.  Luckily it didn't hit me until Friday.  I have not been out of the house since I got home and have not gotten out of my sweats!  Sonny was a sweetheart and went to the store for me yesterday and bought a case of ginger ale (which I have drunk half of it in two days!) and a decongestant.  One of my tricks for fighting a cold is to use Mentholatum ointment on my nose.  I rub it all over and inside my nose and it helps me breathe.  It grosses Sonny out!  I felt a little better today compared to yesterday so hopefully Monday will be a much better day. 

While I was in Texas, we had a visit from my son, Jeff, his wife, Darcie and their son, Jayce.  Oh, it was so wonderful to see them.  We have not seen each other in almost 6 years.  They came to Ashley's house on Dec 26th after their flight from Tucson.  We had a good visit, had Christmas with them, took them over to the Quadrangle at Fort Sam, and then went to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.  The next day Sonny and I drove to Austin and spent some time with them at Zilker Park and then enjoyed some BBQ at Stubbs. I had such fun with Jayce and it was such a joy to hear him call me Grandma! He is a typical boy and reminds me so much of Jeff at his age - very precocious, stubborn and definitely has a mind of his own!  I kept trying to take pictures and he would run and hide from me.  I finally was able to get a few pictures ... on the sly!  Such a sweetie!  Also, it was wonderful to spend time with Jeff and Darcie and catch up with their lives.  Just wish we'd had more time.

Darcie and Ashley

Darcie, Jeff and Jayce

Darcie took a picture of all of us.

Jayce and me

Jeff and Darcie
 

Jayce, me and Sonny at the Quad

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Hey girl, all of the photos are very nice of each of you - looks like it was COLD in TEXAS girl. Glad to see you must still be in SU - I do not miss it -but must get back to stamping for a friend who buys my cards - have not done even this in over a year.