Sunday, April 14, 2013

How Time Flies!

I have discovered something today.  Three weeks sure can fly by!!  I can't believe I have been here in San Antonio three weeks ... seems like just a couple of days ago that I was packing my suitcase (and hoping it didn't exceed 50 lbs!).  Now I am packing my suitcase to return home.  No worries over it being too heavy this time - I am not taking 2 cases of Cheerwine in my suitcase like I was coming here.  I've got most of my clothes in and it's only at 30 pounds so I'm good to go.  I wish I could stay just a few more days to make sure Ashley keeps getting stronger but I'm sure she will be ok.  Yesterday we went to the movies and saw "42."  She came back home and hit the couch until dinner time when we went to a Mexican restaurant that is close to her for my final Mexican "fix."  Just those little trips wears her out,  Luckily she has 3 weeks off of work so she will have plenty of time to rest and get stronger.  She tapered herself off the Percodan today but she still has it if she needs it.  It just makes her sleep all the time which is not a bad thing.  We've enjoyed making a couple of meals that Sonny would not even touch.  Tonight we had Quinoa which I had never had before.  I had clipped out a recipe from the Charlotte Observer for stuffed peppers with the quinoa, dried apricots and cherries, pistachio nuts, celery, cilantro, cinnamon, and ginger.  A very different combination of items but it was really good (and good for you!)  Last week we made a Greek Tabouli Salad that I had tasted a few months ago.  The recipe is on the box of tabouli.  It was yummy and I actually ate it for a couple of meals.  Again, nothing I will make at home since only one of us would eat it!

I made a card tonight using MDS for the Late Night Stamper's color challenge to use Old Olive, Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple.  What do you think?


This would be very easy to reproduce using real paper and stamps. 

Here are the elements I used with MDS:

Background - Old Olive 
Embellishments
    Satin Ribbon\Satin Ribbon - Old Olive
    Satin Ribbon\Satin Ribbon - Old Olive bow

Stamps
    Berry Christmas\Christmas Jingle - stamps\All Scallops\All Scallops - scallop 4, Color = VERY VANILLA
    _Designer Kits\Topsy Turvy Celebration - candle, Color = RASPBERRY RIPPLE 
    _Designer Kits\Topsy Turvy Celebration - candle, Color = RASPBERRY RIPPLE
    _Designer Kits\Topsy Turvy Celebration - candle, Color = SUMMER STARFRUIT
    Perfectly Penned - happy birthday, Color = OLD OLIVE
Punches
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = VERY VANILLA
    Basics\1.25 Circle Punch, Fill Color = SUMMER STARFRUIT
    Basics\1.25 Circle Punch, Fill Color = RASPBERRY RIPPLE
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = OLD OLIVE
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = VERY VANILLA

3 comments:

MJ said...

I love this card. All those fun scallops--so glad you played along with us on the LNS challenge blog this week!

Jonia said...

What a beautiful card! Love it and thanks for sharing with us at LNS!

Kris Sobolik said...

I love the way you did the scallops on this - great card.