Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter 2012


Many people wonder what Easter actually means, as the true meaning of Easter has been lost. What I can tell you is it isn't about cute little fluffy chickens, nor does it have anything to do with Easter bunnies. It isn't even about Easter eggs.  Although an egg can represent 'new life' because new life hatches from the egg, and Jesus was resurrected on the third day - giving us new life in Him. But just like Christmas, the real meaning has been forgotten.  Easter is the day when we celebrate Jesus Christ rising from the dead. Jesus is the Son of God and heroically gave His life to die for our sins. On the third day after He died -- the day we now celebrate as Easter Sunday -- His friends went to His grave, and found that He had risen from the dead. They saw an angel who told them, "Don't be afraid! I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn't here! He has been raised from the dead, just as He said it would happen." Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday; now He offers to you the gift of eternal life and forgiveness of sins.

Celebrate this gift of Jesus today with your friends and family.  I will be going to church with my Mom and sister in their brand new church.  This will be their first service to be held in the new church and they are so excited to see it.  I only wish I could also be celebrating Easter with my daughter and my son and his family.  

No comments: