Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm back from my trip and experiencing major jet lag!!  We got back Saturday night.  We flew from London to Detroit with an hour to go through Immigration and Customs.  Then boarded the plane (with 10 minutes to spare!) to Charlotte.  We were supposed to arrive in Charlotte around 7 pm but when we got close, there were severe storms in the area and the pilot announced he was going into a holding pattern for about 30 minutes to wait it out.  The airport ended up closing because of the storms and we headed to Columbia, SC for refueling and to wait out the storms.  We ended up staying in SC for about 3 hours and getting to Charlotte around 11 pm!  My sisters and mom spent several hours waiting for us at the airport - wasn't that sweet of them??!!  By the time we got our luggage, drove home and got in the bed, we were 1/2 hour short of being up 24 hours!!  To top it off, I also picked up a sore throat in the last few days.  I think it is mostly allergies and sinus problems - I start off the day feeling bad but as the day progresses I'm ok.  I haven't had the energy or inclination to go to the grocery store since getting home and our cupboards are looking pretty bare!  Tomorrow Sonny is taking my car and I am staying home waiting for the cable man.  The water pump went out on his truck today and our DVR cable box died while we were gone.  So, guess the groceries willl have to wait another day or two! 

I am working on some projects for the SU NC Quarterly meeting this weekend in Fayetteville and I will be sharing them with you soon I promise!!

In the meantime, here are a few pictures from our trip.

Ashley in Hyde Park

Sonny in front of the pub/restaurant (built in 1364!) where we celebrated our 38th anniversary - April 7

Ashley and me at Trafalgar Square - London

Ashley with the Eye of London in the background

The 3 of us with London in the background

Ashley & I going into Harrod's to do a little shopping (HA)
Good night!!

1 comment:

jane said...

Gald to see u made it home and enjoyed your trip photo so much take care get back on feet and cherish all your time with Ashley.