Thursday, April 28, 2011

How do you like the new blog banner?

How do you like my new blog banner?  Another great one using My Digital Studio.  The flower that I used is the new stamp that is in the Summer Mini Catalog - Fabulous Florets (pg 22-23).  I can't wait till next week to order it!!  I didn't preorder anything this time and I am dying to put my order in next Monday.  If you want to add to my order, give me a shout-out.  I love so many of the things in the Summer Mini.  I think my order will include Open Sea stamp and DSP, Baker's Twine, Sunny Fun, Fish Frenzy Wheel, Land of the Free, Fab Florets stamp and DSP, Flower Garden embossing folder, Strength & Hope ..... what else?  Maybe I shouldn't have gone shopping today!  I took my mom to JC Penney's but I only bought a pair of capris and a set of towels.  

I've been working on some cards for a lady in my Newcomers group.  She wants to buy an assortment from me and I will be taking them to her next week.  I'm also trying to use some stamps that have been neglected and not used recently.   Here is what I have so far:

 This is a retired set, Bodacious Bouquet.  The ovals are from my Nestabilities.  The DSP is also retired SU but it matches the Baja Blue and Soft Suede.
 Another retired set - Asian Artistry.  I sponged the white panel with Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake and did the sun in Daffodil Delight.  I cut the bird out and popped him up.  The card is Peach Parfait with Cajun Craze panels matted in Espresso and run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice folder.  I love this card and it uses colors I don't usually use.

 This is the Asian Artistry stamp also - what a contrast to the other card I made with this set.  The card base is Cameo Coral - funny, I hardly used that color before it retired!  I colored the flowers with my Copics and then put a little Crystal Effects on the flowers.  The embossing folder is a paisley one.  The rhinestone brads are SU.

This is a simple card using the SU Butterfly die.  The stamp set is from Word Play - a very versatile set.  The DSP is from a retired Valentine package.

Well, my guys are headed home - should be here in an hour or so.  I think they had a good time.  They spent Sunday and Monday at Cooper Santee in South Carolina fishing.  Then they headed out Tuesday for the Outer Banks.  They stayed at Hatteras Island Tuesday night and did a little exploring in that area before they headed over to Kill Devil Hills where they spent Wednesday night.  I think they were going to visit the Wright Brothers Museum and Memorial today as well as some places on Roanoke Island.  Sonny wanted to get back home so they would have time to go out on our lake tomorrow and do more fishing!  Jack leaves on Saturday.  This is always such a treat for both of them .... and for me!

No comments: