Monday, February 22, 2021

How to Make a Beveled Edge

 I am so excited that I've been able to spend several hours in my craft room this past weekend without my back screaming STOP!  I think I am at the point where I can cut my physical therapy down to once a week and pretty soon to nothing!  I just need to continue doing my exercises (which I am not good about.)  Last week I only had PT once (on Tuesday.)  I had an appointment to go on Friday but when I woke up, I had vertigo.  Sonny says he is going to dig a hole in the backyard & throw me in it!!  I have not had vertigo in quite some time.  I know when it hits me, I am out for the count.  I pretty much laid on the couch all day ...  Until late afternoon when we drove to Statesville for some delicious fried chicken!  Between the chicken & a motion sickness pill that I took, I was on the road to recovery!  Now to make the nerve in the crown of my head go away!!  Growing old is NOT for the meek and mild!

Here is one of the cards I made this weekend.  


The hearts and flowers that are stamped on the white piece are from the Sending Hearts Paper Pumpkin.  I used the retired Pink Pirouette for the ribbon and card stock.  The sentiment is from a great stamp set in the Jan - June 2021 Mini Catalog.  (You can find a link to the catalog on the left hand column of this blog.)  It is called Many Messages.  It is a big single stamp that has lots of greetings on it.  There is a matching die that cuts out all the greetings at one time.  What a time saver!  



I learned a new trick this weekend too.  After die cutting the pink card stock, leave it in the die.  Use your stylus to make a crease all along the edges.  In this case, I die cut the piece with the Stitched Rectangles.


The end result is a small beveled edge all the way around.  Use dimensionals to adhere it down.  Give it a try!

I also want to remind you that there is just another week left of Sale-a-Bration!

This year, the promotion is running for 2 months (down from 3 months in recent years.)  If you were planning on ordering to earn some FREE Sale-a-Bration items, you have until February 28, 2021 to do so.

 For every $50 order, your earn one FREE Sale-a-Bration item.  There is no limit to how many items you redeem ($100 order, earn TWO items, $150 order, earn THREE Items and so on.)

No comments: