Sunday, January 26, 2020

NC Demos Blog Hop - Let's CELEBRATE!!


I have not participated in the NC Blog Hop is a very long time so thought I would give it a try this month.  (trying to do 2020 right!)  The theme this month is CELEBRATE and don't we all love to celebrate good times!  

I looked up the meaning of Celebrate and here is what I found - 

verb (used with object), cel·e·brat·ed, cel·e·brat·ing.


to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies or festivities
to make known publicly; proclaim:
to praise widely or to present to widespread and favorable public notice, as through newspapers or novels:
to perform with appropriate rites and ceremonies; solemnize

verb (used without object), cel·e·brat·ed, cel·e·brat·ing.


So much to celebrate!  First off I made a card for my daughter who is in the U.S. Army.  She found out last week that she is on the list to be promoted to COLONEL!!  Whoo Hoo!  The promotion won't be until June 2021 but that gives us plenty of time to plan the celebration!!  In the meantime, I am celebrating by telling everyone the good news!  Yes, I am a proud mama!  So several of those definitions will fit this celebration.


This is a simple card that was easy to make.  I love the Feels Like Frost DSP stack which was in the Holiday Mini and I still have a bunch of it left so I am using it!  I wanted it to take center stage of the card and also thought the sentiment says it all (even though it is also retired!)  It is from Incredible Like You.  I dyed the ribbon to match the Highland Heather card.

 I used the Rooted In Nature stamp set to create a masculine birthday card.  That is another great CELEBRATION!


The base card is Pear Pizzazz.  I used a piece of Tropical Oasis DSP (from Mini Catalog) on top of the Pear Pizzazz.   Next is a piece of Grapefruit Grove with a Whisper White scallop die cut from Stitched Be Mine Dies at the top and bottom.  On top of that is a layer of Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the tree cut out with Soft Suede and the flowers with Grapefruit Grove (all stamped on Whisper White paper.)  The leaves were stamped with Old Olive ink onto Old Olive cardstock and the top one is stamped on Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  Happy and birthday are both die cut using the Well Written Die set - one on Soft Suede cardstock and the other on Grapefruit Grove cardstock.  The ribbon is from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack.

I hope you enjoy my cards and will continue to the next stop on our hop.  Follow along with the blog hop and hop on over to Nedine's Celebration HERE.


Sharon Maranich (you are here)

7 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful cards. Congratulations to your daughter.

WAGSTAMPS said...

Pretty cards, thanks for sharing.

Toni Mari Campana said...

First and foremost, congratulations on your daughter's promotion, that's awesome! I'd be a proud Mama too :) I love both cards, nice layouts. I hope you keep joining us each month in the hop!

Ariel said...

Congrats to your daughter on her promotion!
Your cards are so lovely - I love how you used the Frost DSP in a "not Christnas/Winter" way. I have some I need to use up, too. Rooted in Nature card is fun to look at with all the layers - great color combo.

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Congrats to your daughter. Of course you are proud! I'm so glad you joined our hop this month. Your cards are beautiful.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

Welcome back, Sharon! We missed you! Great cards and congrats to your your daughter! Also, please thank her for her service! Thank you for sharing!

Laurie Meier said...

Sharon - Sincere congratulations to your daughter on her upcoming promotion and many thanks for her service. She is going to LOVE the card you made for her. It is truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing your celebrations with everyone!