Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Manly Moments

I think a lot of us struggle with masculine cards - at least I know I do!  So I was tickled "blue" (not pink - it's a girly color!) when I opened my Paper Pumpkin last month and discovered the Manly Moments inside!  I love the laser cut pine trees in the kit.  The kit makes 10 full sized A2 cards with 10 decorated envelopes.  There are 2 styles of cards included - 5 regular side-fold cards and 5 tri-fold cards.  I made a couple of them using the directions that were included.  But I had fun looking through Pinterest and finding a few other ideas for the cards.



This is an alternate card.  I used the negative from the pine trees and sponged different greens on it, layering them on the card.

This is another alternate using the negative after popping out the label (see the Happy Birthday above).  I sponged Mint Macaron, Granny Apple Green and Soft Sea Foam onto the white card.

Another alternate.  This time I cut strips of the envelope, one of the cards and some scraps I had from the Wood Textures DSP pack and layered them onto a Mint Macaron card.

This is another alternative using the lighthouse from a previous Paper Pumpkin.  The Happy Birthday is from the die on page 217 of the annual catalog.

This card folds in from both sides.

Simple - just taped a piece of Mint Macaron ribbon underneath the badge (sentiment)


If you'd like to get signed up for Paper Pumpkin, there are a couple of ways to subscribe.  You can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a pre-paid subscription in my online store.  To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click above on Order Paper Pumpkin.  To see the options for pre-paid subscriptions in my online store, click above on Order Online.

I have been busy getting ready for my mom's 90th Surprise Birthday Party on Sunday!!  Ashley is flying in on Thursday so I'll have to keep her hidden until Sunday.  Mom will really be surprised to see her since she and I were just there (in Hawaii) visiting Ashley last month.  It worked out that Ashley has a class in DC in a week so she was able to take a little vacation time for the party.  Mom had told us girls a couple of months ago that she didn't want a party because all her friends were dead.  My sister (who lives with mom) is in charge of the invitations since she knows most of mom's church friends and friends from the Lion's Club.  Our numbers creep up every day and we are now at almost 80 people!!  So I guess everyone's not dead!  I have to go to the Dollar Store every couple of days to get more packs of plates, napkins, cups, etc.  After the party, our family members are going to a local restaurant for dinner which will make her happy too for all of us to get together.  The only one missing will be my son and his family which makes me so sad.

No comments: