Sunday, May 6, 2018

Life's Celebrations

Things are really busy for my nephew, Derek and his girlfriend.  They bought a house shortly after Christmas and have been busy fixing it up.  And ....well, she is not a girlfriend now - she is his fiance!  Derek surprised her and proposed to Morgan Easter weekend.  They were on their way up to the mountains to join Marianne and Greg on their camping trip.  Derek pulled over somewhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway and they hiked to a romantic spot and he popped the question.  None of us were too terribly surprised!  They will be getting married next year.  Below is the card I made for them.  I used Sunshine Wishes (which is retiring) and used a retired small flower punch for the flowers.  The card is gold so I embossed the bottom part of the "congrats" with gold embossing powder.



This was the inside:


In the midst of all that, Morgan has been working hard on getting her Masters (MBA) at Queens University while working at her job (and fixing up their house).  This past Saturday, she graduated!  We are all proud of her.  They had a party at their house Saturday to celebrate graduation, new home, and the upcoming nuptials!



This was my house warming gift to them.  I kinda copied it from one my daughter in law made!  It was easy to make with supplies from Hobby Lobby and my trusty hot glue gun.

This is the card I made for Morgan for her graduation.  I used bits and pieces of an old Paper Pumpkin kit.  A little card and gift card are in the little envelope on the front.


No comments: