Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pictures from Hawaii 2018

How do you like that flower at the top of my blog?  That was taken last year.  It is a huge tree in Ashley's back yard.  We call it the Q-tip tree!  It is just starting to bloom now and I am think the flowers will be fully opened before I leave next week!

Thought I'd share a few more pictures from our trip in no particular order.

This was taken on our hike the first week we were here.  Ashley and I are giving the "shaka" sign.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture often associated with Hawaii and surf culture. It consists of extending the thumb and smallest finger while holding the three middle fingers curled, and gesturing in salutation while presenting the front or back of the hand; the hand may be rotated back and forth for emphasis.

 Ashley's cat, Bogart watching the birds!  He loves it when we go out on the lanai so he can go too!  He drives us crazy though walking along the ledge.  I am so afraid he is going to jump from there onto the roof and down.  Her lanai is on her second story.
 This was a beautiful sunset on New Year's Eve at Molokai.  That missile looking thing is actually a torch that wasn't lit yet.  This picture was taken from the pool, bar and restaurant area of our hotel.

Ashley & I at the beach on the Marine Corps base while Sonny was playing golf.


Beautiful panoramic view!


Cool picture!  Me & my shadow!


This was one of the views from our hike.


We had dinner at Waikiki Friday night after enjoying a great show.  This was taken at an open air mall that we walked through.  The statue is the late, great Don Ho.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The flower at the top of your blog is gorgeous. I sure enjoyed seeing your photos too. I could pretend I was there with you.