Monday, January 8, 2018

Aloha!


Aloha from Hawaii!


Well, it has been a while since I wrote on my blog.  We are in Hawaii with only a week left.  I will be sad to leave .... especially since back home the temperature hasn't been out of the 20s I don't think while I am enjoying high 70s and low 80s!!  What an adjustment we'll have to make!

The Occasions AND Sale-A-Bration catalog are ready to go.  There are some great products in there - hope you have had a chance to look through the catalog.  I have placed my first order and hopefully, it will be waiting for me when I return home next week!  I can't wait to play with new goodies.  I had a hard time narrowing down my choices since, of course, I wanted it all!!

Image result for molokai mule rideWe have been busy ever since arriving here on the 24th.  We had a quiet Christmas, just the 3 of us eating, visiting and watching football.  We went on a hike one day during the week and saw some awesome views.  The hike was not steep but was long - think we figured it was over 4 miles round trip.  I was glad to see the end!  For New Year's, we flew to the island of Molokai where the leper colony is.  Our plane was definitely a puddle jumper - only held 9 passengers and we were asked our weight before we boarded!  There are only 8 past patients living at the leper colony now.  I don't know what will happen to the "town" once they are all gone.  The only way to get to the colony is by hiking or riding a mule.  We chose the mule!   The route down to the colony was rocky with puddles of water everywhere (Hawaii set a record a few days before with rainfall!).  It was a trail with 26 switchbacks.  It was a little bit scary!!


Sonny and Ashley on the way back up

View from the top.  You can see the colony below.
Ashley made it safe on our puddle jumper!

Ashley in the saddle!  At the end of the ride, we had mud from our ankles to our knees!

No comments: