Sunday, October 9, 2016

Itsie Bitsie Spider

I've had a little bit of time this weekend to make a few cards.  Yay!!  I decided to make a few Halloween cards.  This is the first one using one of my favorite stamps, Jar of Love.  My sister would not like this card as she hates spiders!!  Can't you just imagine all these itty bitty spiders crawling out of the little jar??!! 


After taking the picture of the card, I decided it needed just a little bit of color.  So, I pulled out my dauber and put a little red ink on the brick wall.


I used Jar of Love and Goulish Grounge for this card.  When it came to the spiders though, I was stumped.  I didn't buy Jar of Haunts (should have!) which has a little spider so I went in search of a spider.  I finally found one in a retired set, Happy Scenes (from last year) and used it.  But, if you have Jar of Haunts, Mr. Funny Bones, OR Spooky Fun, you are in luck!  All three have a spider in them!  I don't usually do many Halloween cards so only bought one set, Cookie Cutter Halloween and mainly for the scarecrow.

Sonny and I went to the movies yesterday and saw Deepwater Horizon.  It was really good.  It is a dramatization of the April 2010 disaster when the offshore drilling rig, Deepwater Horizon, exploded and created the worst oil spill in U.S. history.  If you get a chance, go see it.

Sunday was football Sunday and we went to Big Al's in Mooresville to watch the Steelers beat the NY Jets.  I think this might have been our last time to watch football at Big Al's.  We have been going there for 10+ years on Sunday.  They moved this summer to a bigger and much nicer facility but it is like pulling teeth to get them to put the Steeler game on a TV that is easy for us to see.  There are 5 TVs on the wall that our table faces.  Today 2 of them were on the Steeler game.  When we got there, they had 3 of the TVs tuned to the game.  When we asked them to put it on the larger screen, they did but took the game off the other two TVs (that no one cared about watching!)   When you look around the bar, there may be a couple of table who do not have Steeler gear on but the rest of the restaurant is in black and gold.  They advertise themselves as a Steelers bar and have big signs inside and outside for the Steelers, but they aren't willing to accommodate the fans who come in there.

Well, gonna tune in to the debate and see what crazy things come out of Hilary and Donald's mouths tonight!  Should be interesting.

No comments: