Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fall Leaves

This post was written for the NC Blog Hop for this month.  But the gal in charge did not get my link to join so I won't be participating in the hop.  But I've already made the projects so I will be sharing them with you.

I am ready for fall!  Leaves are starting to fall off our trees but it is still in the 80s here so not sweater weather yet!   I even made a new blog header for fall - how do you like it??

This card was an experiment.  I'm not so sure about it and would like to hear your responses.  I used the Pretty Petals embossing folder and inked it up (the side that has Sizzix on it and the background is raised).  Next I put a piece of card stock inside and ran it through the Big Shot.  (I should have run the Embossing Buddy over the card first.)  Next I sprinkled Copper Embossing Powder over the whole piece. Some of it stuck to the petals where I didn't want it so I used a dry paint brush to clean them off (this is where the emb. buddy may have helped.)  After using the Heat Gun on the piece, I used my daubers and rubbed Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie over the petals.  I cut out some leaves with the Leaflets Framelits - one in Razzleberry and 2 in white that I sponged with ink.  The next step was to run the leaves through the crimper and attach them to the card.  I die cut "hope" from Sunshine Sayings and adhered it to the large leaf.


 I forgot to share that I reached my Weight Watcher goal the week after I returned from Hawaii!  So happy.  But I am having a hard time maintaining!!  Especially since it is football season and we go to a local bar to watch the game and I usually have a couple of beers.  It is hard to find any healthy food on the bar menu - everything seems to be fried!! 

No comments: