Thursday, January 22, 2015

Using Photos in Punches with MDS

I am playing around with My Digital Studio today.  I am determined to finish my New Zealand scrapbook in the next few months.  It's only been a year!!  I worked on the scrapbook a lot last spring but have neglected it since.  The problem is I have soooo many photos (plus Ashley's, Courtney's and Taffy's) and I want to include them all.  It's hard for me to select just a few.

In the meantime, I thought I'd do this page for MDS Monday before the deadline.  I actually couldn't decide which one I liked best so I did two pages!  They both are meant to go on the front of a 2015 calendar.  Wish I'd thought to use it on Ashley's calendar this year, but I will remember it for next year!

The challenge this week is to use pictures in punches.


The pictures above were taken last fall when we returned from New York.  We walked around this beautiful fall area at Ft. Belvoir.  Funny what is hidden on Army posts!!  I used the Timeless Junior Numbers Punches for "2015" and a square punch for the background, lowering the opacity to about 50.



This is probably my favorite!  It is similar to the cover for Ashley's calendar except I didn't think about adding pictures to my punches at the time!  This picture is from Lake Tekapo in New Zealand.

There are some great ideas for photos in punches on MDS Monday's blog.  Make sure to check them out here.


5 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

Wow Sharon, I love both of your pages!!! The photos in the 2015 look great. And, what amazing photos you have!!! They're just gorgeous. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the top one with the trees and lake. Beautiful!!!

beth rush said...

Really Fun Pages!! Love them both and I agree with Tami, great photos!! So glad you shared with us at MDS Monday!

Yapha said...

These are fantastic pages! I love how you filled the numbers. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week.

Heidi Baks said...

Both pages... wow! What a great idea to layer your punches on a background photo. I really love the creativity of filling the "2015" punches.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! What a wonderful idea for using pictures in punches!... and you always have all these wonderful pictures to use as well! Thanks for playing along at MDS Monday this week!