Thursday, January 8, 2015

Basic Butterfly Bundle



It's time to share some of the cards that I made at Joanne's shoebox swap last weekend.  There was a pretty good mix of different stamp sets which I enjoyed.  The most popular stamp used was the Butterfly Basics.  It comes in a bundle and is on page 26 of the Occasions catalog.  There are several videos on YouTube demonstrating easy ways to cut out the butterfly using the framelits and the Big Shot.  Patty Bennett demonstrates one method using a dryer sheet!!  I am waiting on my Butterfly Bundle to arrive so I can't attest to any of the methods yet.  It is a beautiful and intricate butterfly and comes with 3 dies.

This card uses the smallest die with one of the butterflies in the stamp set.  

This is a sparkly butterfly - using the glitter paper.

Marianne's card

Monochromatic card




I had a real experience today at our Newcomers Coffee!  Our speakers were the owners of the Laughing Yoga and Meditation Studio in Charlotte.  I had never heard of Laughing Yoga and don't think many of the ladies in the group had either.  It was quite entertaining!  Lauging Yoga is a global movement for health, happiness and world peace.  It blends yoga practices with the science of laughter to teach people ways and means of joyful living.  They did several group exercises to make us all laugh.  And we also did some breathing techniques followed by an 8 minute meditation.  I felt pretty relaxed at the end of our meeting that's for sure!








No comments: