Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paper Pals Sketch

This week's Paper Pal Sketch was an easy one.  I used the digital kit, Follow Your Bliss.  I really like the color combo in this kit.  There are some great cards this week.  Make sure to check them out here.


I went out to lunch today with the Newcomers Out to Lunch Bunch.  We went to Jeffrey's in Mooresville and I had a delicious meal of shrimp and grits.  If you are not southern, you probably are saying "what??"  I was not familiar with the dish growing up but since I have moved back to NC, I have discovered it.  I think the first time I had shrimp and grits was visiting Ashley when she lived in DC.  We went to a soul food restaurant for her birthday and Ashley ordered them.  Since then, I have had them several times and they are always prepared a bit differently.  Today's had shrimp, Andouille sausage, and spices with yummy buttery grits.  It was delicious!  After lunch I headed over to the Department of Motor Vehicles to take my driver's test.  I passed and didn't have to wait too long.  The only "hiccup" was that since I hadn't planned on going to DEA today, I didn't have my checkbook and they don't take credit cards  - only cash or check.  There was a lady there getting her license renewed also who had been at lunch with me and she told me it would be $20.  Well, wouldn't you know it, I had $19!!  So she lent me a dollar.  When I finished the test (only had to do vision and signs), the man told me it would be $32!  Oops!  Guess I'm "young" enough that I get more than 5 years worth of renewal (it's $4 per year).   So I had to leave and go to the bank and get cash; then go back to pay and have my picture taken.  I should have my new license in a couple of weeks.  Yay! 

No comments: