Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Time! March Blog Hop

It's spring time and time for the March blog hop by the NC Stampin' Up demonstrators. We do a blog hop on the last Sunday of each month.  Glad that you have joined us this month.  Now let's see what spring'y cards I have for you!

First is this cute Swirly Bird card!  I won't tell you how long it took me to get all those colors embedded behind the black swirl!  It's not hard - just time consuming to run all the different colors through the framelit.  But I think it was worth it!  The sentiment comes from Sunshine Sayings - a great stamp set for putting together sentiments.




What is spring without flying a kite?  How many years has it been since you have run with a kite coaxing it to stay up in the air?  I can't count the years! Plus I was never very good - or patient to fly a kite! I remember beach days when my kids were young and they would get their daddy to fly the kite with them - not me!!

This card also uses the Swirly Bird stamp and framelits as well as Layering Love.  I just love the font and the words in this set!  For a little sparkle, I adhered a few sequins.



Finally, I have a cute little box (that I CASE-d from a UK demonstrator) that I made using Sale-A-Bration products.  I made the box with the Inside the Line DSP and made a belly band around it using the Sale-A-Bration Glimmer Paper (Sweet Sugarplum.)  I die cut the bee from Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper also to coordinate with the little bee on the DSP.  The box was super easy to make and only takes a few minutes.  Here are the directions if you want to make one:  It should hold a few small chocolates for a sweet little treat.

Cut your DSP to 6" x 12" (so you can make 2 from one sheet of paper)
Score on the long side at - 2, 5, 7, and 10"
Score on the short side at - 2" and 4"

That's it!



I hope you have enjoyed my spring projects.  Hop along to see what Laurie has to share with you HERE!!



Here is the complete list of our blog hop participants:

Jo Anne Hewins
Michelle Irinyi
Tracie Evans Langley
Sharon Maranich (you are HERE)
Laurie Meier
Sue Root
Lisa Tedder
Frances Wagner

6 comments:

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Great cards, Sharon. I love using the Sunshine Sayings stamp set! You put me in the mood for spring!

Sue Root said...

All of your projects are great! It was definitely worth the time to run the framelit through the Big Shot multiple times to get the colors to layer in the black. It really stands out!

Laurie Meier said...

Sharon - I love your projects especially the Swirly birds card. It is so cute and we'll worth the time to make. Love it!

Frances Wagner said...

Sharon all of your projects as great. Sometimes things are worth the extra effort. This paid off.

Michelle Irinyi said...

I love the Swirly Bird set and am so glad it's staying around. Your paper piecing is adorable.

Beth Queen said...

Sharon, I LOVE your cards. They are both so colorful and just screams Spring!!! Love the box too, but the cards are my favorites.