Saturday, February 16, 2013

Great Weekend

What a great weekend!  Debbie, my downline, and myself drove to Kernersville Friday afternoon.  We stopped along the way at Enchanted Cottage, a huge stamp/scrapbook store in Lewisville.  I did pretty good .... only spending about $10!!  Friday night we had dinner at Macaroni Grill with a few of the gals who were taking my MDS class the next day.   We discovered a delicious wine that I hope to be able to find around here called Seven Sisters Moscato wine.  Delish!

We woke up this morning to a beautiful snow falling fast and furious.  It snowed all morning, not stopping until around 2 pm.  But luckily, none of it stuck.  The place where we held our class was a beautiful old house on several acres with a pond in front.  The room we were in upstairs had windows on all three sides so it was really nice to watch the snow falling.  I really enjoyed sharing my knowlede of MDS with the gals who were there.  It was most fulfilling to hear the ahh's and ohhh's going around the room when I showed them different things they could do with the program.  I really think everyone who was there left with the knowledge that they could open the program at home and play with it, trying different things, with not blowing up the program.  My favorite tool in the program is the "undo" and delete button and I use them regularly.

At the end of the day, Debbie and I started the ride back home. I was at ease since the snow had stopped and the roads were only wet and not icy. But the closer we got to home - driving mostly south - the more snow we saw. We both felt like we were in the Twilight Zone! Starting about in Statesville, with is about 30 miles from Mooresville, it was like a winter wonderland! The snow was in the trees and looked beautiful. After I dropped Debbie off at her house, I pulled over several times to take pictures. I even took pictures as I was driving from the front windshield. Enjoy the pictures!



Pagoda at our local library


No comments: