Friday, January 22, 2021

Organization is the Bomb!!

Pick yourself up off the floor .... I'm writing on my blog!  I have not made a card in about a month!!  Instead I have been trying to get my craft room organized!  I have made pretty good progress.  I took all my stamp sets out of the plastic boxes and put them in Avery Elle Stamp & Die Storage Pockets.  So far, I have emptied out close to 200 boxes!  I am not sure what I am going to do with all those boxes though!  I know some of them will be useful to put sequins, pearls, etc in.  I made dividers to categorize the stamps & used my Brothers P Label maker to label all the stamps, dies and dividers.  For storing my stamps, I bought an InterDesign Fridge Split Binz from Amazon.  It holds almost 150 stamps without the dies but I put the dies and the stamp set together inside the Avery pockets to make them easier to find.  I already had most of the stamp sets listed in Evernote (a free organizer app) so it was just a matter of putting each stamp set into one of the categories.  My next thing is to label and organize my Paper Pumpkin stamps so I will use them more.  I haven't tackled my wood stamps yet.  I am going to take a good look at them and see if I really need them.  They have been sitting in my attic room for a few years so I'm guessing I really won't miss most of them!  But it is not hard to take them off the wood blocks - if they don't peel off easily, stick them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and they should come off.

One bin full!  There are 100 stamp sets in this one container!!

Just a few of the empty boxes.  I have the rest in the attic room to figure out what to do with them.

These are stamp sets that I labeled "Greetings"  Not sure if I'll break that category up in sub-categories.

These are all the stamps that I have done so far - just missing wood sets & Paper Pumpkin.  They take up 2 shelves .... before all my stamps were on 5 shelves!

This is the second container with still a lot of room available.

I bought these plastic file folders at WalMart.  50 in a pack but when you cut them apart, you get 100!

I cut the folders apart and rounded the corners.  I used the Brother P-touch for labels on dividers and stamps - so easy!


This is the back of the stamp set pocket.  I buy magnetic vent covers at Lowe's Hardware  (8" x 15") and cut them apart to stick my dies on.

This is the front of the stamp set pocket with the label at the top.  

My thanks goes to Jennifer McGuire who has some great organizer tips plus some great cards that she makes.

Let me know what you think!!

No comments: