Friday, September 13, 2019

Hugs from Shelli

Where does the time go?  I wish I knew!  Maybe I should be a bit more organized or quit playing on the computer and get back to writing on this blog more.  We'll see!!  In the meantime, I have a few Paper Pumpkin cards to share with you from a past kit that Shelli designed.  The kit is called Hugs from Shelli and it was the May, 2019 kit and is just beautiful.  (If you don't know, Shelli is the founder of Stampin' Up.)

The cards below are alternative cards I made from pieces in the kit.  The cards we were given were actually note cards.  I cut them apart so I could make full size cards by using the Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock.  The ink colors I used were Pretty Peacock and Gray Granite.


The feathers on this card were colored with the SU Blends.  These feathers were stamped, colored and fussy cut.

The feather on this card is vellum and was already colored.





Most of the elements for this card came from one of the envelopes that was included in the kit.  I cut out the label with the flower at the top.  The striped pieces on the top and bottom are from the inside of the envelope.  

It has been so nice having Ashley on our same time zone!  She drove down to see us Labor Day and we stayed busy the whole time.  She got here in time to meet us at the King Canary Brewery in Mooresville for our weekly game of  Wednesday Trivia.  On Thursday, she and I drove to Hickory while Sonny played golf.  She was shopping for a new couch since the movers lost one of hers!  Our trip was a success and she purchased a nice love seat that makes out into a queen bed if needed.  Now, she has a bed on every floor of her house (3)!  So, plenty of room for guests.  She was able to fit the buffet table from my mom in her car but not the hutch.  So, Sonny and I are going to see her the end of the month and take the rest of the things to her as well as taking mom to visit her and see her new casa!

No comments: