Thursday, September 3, 2015

Our trip to the beach!

We had a great time last week at Ocean Isle Beach.  Even though Sonny is not a beach lover like I am, he was a good sport and even sat out on the beach with me for a couple of hours one day.  He took his golf clubs and went to a driving range a couple of days.  He has not golfed for about 25 years and now that his hip is better, he is going to give it a try again.  We made the rounds of several beaches while we were there.  On Friday, we drive over to Calabash for some delicious seafood; Saturday, we went to Ocean Drive Beach (North Myrtle as it is called now); Sunday, we went to Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach.  I think on our next beach outing, we will go to Carolina Beach.  Sonny thought there was more to do there.  Admittedly, Ocean Isle is a very quiet beach with not much night life.  But we will be returning there to the Winds Resort because the day after we got home, I got an email that I had won a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Winds (where we had stayed) in an ocean front room for 4 to be used between late October and early March!  So, I will be planning a little get away again!  This has been my lucky summer - first I won the shopping spree with Stampin' Up and now a beach trip!

It rained on our last day.  I had hoped to make one more trip to lay on the beach, but Mother Nature had a different idea!





1 comment:

Barbara R. said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip. We enjoyed our lunch with you. Except for the last day, sounds like the weather cooperated. Our visit was great. Hated to leave.