Sunday, July 5, 2015

Convention Shoebox with Flower Shop

I am participating in a shoebox swap at convention.  After trying several different cards, I finally decided on this one.  I needed to find something that was easy to do for a shoebox and one that I didn't have to take a ton of supplies to make it.


I have already stamped, punched out and put a dimensional on the back of these flowers from Flower Shop (using the Pansy Punch.)  The zig zag lines at the bottom were made with a stamp from Work of Art and markers (Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight and Mint Macaron.)  The leaves are punched out with the Bird Punch.  

This was another idea for the card but I decided on the top one instead.  So, I will just be using this one for a swap card.


We have had a pretty lazy weekend.  Sonny and I had hoped to go out on the boat this weekend but the weather just wasn't cooperating.  We did go to Mooresville Friday night and watched the fireworks.  I wasn't sure they were going to put them off since we got a pretty good rain storm about 9 pm when they were scheduled.  But, finally about 9:30ish, the rain let up enough to let the fireworks light up the sky.  We gave up hopes of  going on the boat & seeing more fireworks on Saturday about 5:00.  We just didn't want to get stuck out on the lake in a storm.  So, we drove to Statesville and had dinner at Outback Steakhouse instead.

My mom is not doing well.  She called me yesterday and was hurting at the top of her diagram - around her breast bone.  I had no idea what the matter could be and advised her if she kept hurting and thought it was something serious, to call 911.  She never did but when Angela came home from work, she took her to Urgent Care.  By the time they got there, she was feeling better so they did not go in.  After church today, they went out to eat and Mom started hurting every time she would try to eat something.  So Angela took her to Urgent Care - this time going in!  The doctor thought it had something to do with her reflux and possibly a stressed esophagus from her back pain and worry about going to the hospital later in the week.  He gave her a stronger Reflux medication.  Later in the afternoon, Angela called me to tell me Mom was hurting worse.  She ended up taking her to the hospital ER and they admitted her for the night just in case it could be something with her heart.  She has never had a history of heart disease.   So, please say a prayer that everything is ok with her and she will be coming home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Barbara R. said...

Great card Sharon. I really like it and may CASE it if it is OK with you.

Your mom is really having a time of it. I will remember her in my prayers. Hope all goes well with her. Keep us posted.