Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fall Wreath

Hopefully this week has gotten you inspired to start creating with MDS.  I know there were quite a few of you that missed out on some of the Daily Deals, so as one last final surprise to end Digital Scrapbooking Days, the My Digital Studio team has decided to put all of the Daily Deals back on sale for 24 hours!
Get your orders in between November 8 at midnight and November 9 at midnight 
Here are the downloads that will be on sale at 50% off:


Ashley made it back safe and sound Friday from Seoul, Korea.  There was such a huge time difference.  I talked to her around 4-5:00 Friday afternoon while she was waiting to go through Customs in Dallas.  She said she had left Korea around 6 pm Friday - it wasn't even 6 pm here yet so she lost a whole day .... I think!  Hopefully she has not got a full schedule this weekend so she can rest and get readjusted to the Central Time Zone.  She has a three day weekend since Monday is Veterans Day and she is off.  Here she is with the other docs that she was with in Seoul.  Just wish that sign wasn't in front of her!!  She says she's not short but looking at this picture, I'm not so sure!!



I made a wreath for my front door on Wednesday.  I had seen a picture of a nice wreath in Women's Day magazine and they just used a box of potpourri.  So I picked up a twig wreath and a box of potpourri at Hobby Lobby along with some discounted fall leaves and got my trusty hot glue gun out and went to work.  The whole project probably only cost about $20 or less and took me about an hour to make.  Everything was on sale except the box of potpourri and I used my coupon to buy it.



Step 1 - gluing on the leaves - with a little help from Sammie, my supervisor!!


I had a roll of wide burlap that I stuck in along with that plaid burlap ribbon that I bought at H.L.



I already had the little Welcome Friends sign hanging on the wreath hook.



I love how it looks!  And the glass at the top of the door reflects the fall leaves in the trees in my front yard.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: