Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another Mosaic

I made another Mosaic Madness card while I had the stamp set out.  Having the stamp set, punch and embossing folder makes this card a breeze to make!  The colors I used are Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Not Quite Navy.  Looks pretty, huh?  And it could be a man's card!



I stayed up late watching the hockey game last night - Game 1 of the Stanley Cup against Boston and Chicago.  It went into 2 overtimes - almost 3!  That game wasn't over until 1 a.m.!!  Needless to say I didn't wake up until really late this morning.  I started a new volunteer gig today.  The Mooresville Soup Kitchen has started to prepare tv-like dinners for the veterans and those in the community who are in need of a good hot evening meal.  Volunteers meet at the Soup Kitchen and fix meals putting them in containers that we then seal.  So all that has to be done with it is to zap it in the microwave.  Todd, the local Soup Kitchen guru told me today that last month, they served over 3,000 meals at their own facility and over 5,000 of the tv dinners.  That is quite a big need out there in an area that you don't think there is that much poverty.  Sonny came in after doing his Red Cross drive and helped also.  We prepared chicken pie, spaghetti and meatballs and bar-b-que chicken.  I think we prepared about 75 meals today.  I was sure tired afterwards though!  So, I went to get my hair cut and that relaxed me a little!  Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a massage and a pedicure!  Can't wait!

No comments: