Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Lighthearted Leaves Watercolored

What a looonnnng day!!  We had the alarm set for 4 a.m. but somehow the volumn was turned down and I didn't hear it until 4:30.  Five hours sleep for a gal who needs her 8 (and sometimes plus!) is not good!  But we had plenty of time and got to the hospital about 5:30 - 15 minutes early (and that included my stop at Dunkin Donuts for my Mocha Coolata and donut.  They took Sonny back to surgery about 7 and were real good about keeping me informed several times during his surgery.  The surgeon came out around 10 to tell me all had gone well and he was in Recovery.  He arrived upstairs in his room a little after noon - really groggy.  He slept just about all day until about 5:00.  The Physical Therapist came by about 3 and took him on a short walk.  It's funny how different this hip replacement is from his other one in June.  He was a lot more alert after the other one.  He also is having a little bit more pain this time, but nothing drastic.  He is so uncomfortable in the hospital bed and ready to come home.  When I left him tonight, he was sitting up in the recliner chair.  I'm just hoping he doesn't try to get in the bed by himself!  He wanted me to leave the walker near him but I didn't.  He is not supposed to get up without the nurses assisting him.  I'll be going back in the morning and hopefully, bring him home around lunch time.  When I got home tonight, Sammie was sure happy to see me!

I love to color and watercolor so that is what I did tonight while watching the Country Music Awards.  (I love me some Blake Shelton & Luke Bryan!!)  When I first looked through the Holiday Catalog, I was not impressed with the leaf set, Lighthearted Leaves.  But I have since changed my mind after seeing so many great cards using this set.  I just received the set along with the Leaf Framelits that correspond with the stamp set last week and finally had time to play with it tonight.  I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed the image.

This first one was watercolored using the ink in the top of the stamp pad and my Aqua Pen.  The colors I used were:  Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss.  I embossed the image with Copper Embossing Powder (which SU does not carry any more but I have a whole jar left and I like it!)  !The DSP on the card is retired also.)

I LOVE this card!!


So I decided to try it in reds.  This card uses Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Watermelon Wonder and Rose Red.  This card is embossed with gold powder.  The paper is really, really old - retired several years ago.


What do you think?  Which one is your favorite??

1 comment:

Barbara said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I know how hard that can be. Glad to hear that Sonny is doing so well.

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. I think of you often and love following your blog. I get lots of card ideas!!!