Thursday, February 16, 2017

High Tide Watercolor

I promised I would be back and share a few more High Tide cards - just didn't think it would take me all week!  I've had a pretty busy week.  Monday was bridge.  Tuesday was my day at home and I worked on getting my cards ready for Stamp Club.  Wednesday I took mom to get her hair done and afterwards to the Christian Women's luncheon.  They had a speaker who was a survivor from the Miracle on the Hudson.  He was really interesting!  We are having another speaker next month at our Newcomer's meeting.  It will be interesting to hear their prospective.   Wednesday night Sonny and I joined the Catawbans for a Valentine dinner at Linebergers.  I ate way too much on Wednesday!!


This first card uses the Sunburst Framelit for the card.  I also used a couple of pieces from it for the light coming out of the light house.  I used watercolor paper that I spritzed with water and reinkers for the background.  The light house and ground pieces were stamped on scraps of watercolor paper and cut out.


This next card also uses watercolor paper.  I used my aqua painter and ink to paint the background.  The lighthouse is stamped directly on the paper


Another watercolor card below.  I masked the edges before painting the ink on with my aqua painter. With this set, it is so easy to make a background and just stamp the images.



As you know the groundhog saw his shadow in Pennsylvania earlier this month.  Well, Sammie sure wishes he hadn't!  She does not like the cold.  I was looking for her on Tuesday and found her in our guest room (her favorite place).  She had crawled under the covers.  She stayed there most of the day!


No comments: