Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Shoebox Cards from Quarterly PLUS Weekly Deals!

Finally getting around to sharing the Shoebox Swap cards I made at the Wilmington Quarterly.  I finished a little over half the cards Friday night (stamping cards for Marianne also!).  So, when Margaret was visiting, while she worked on the club projects, I finished up these cards.  Hope they give you some inspiration.













This week's Weekly Deals are great!  I have already ordered the tree framelits today!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Sonny is getting along pretty good.   He pushed himself a little too much on Sunday with taking a shower that morning (his first since surgery) and then going to Big Al's to watch the football game.   He was wiped out and hurting a little bit when we got home.  Plus, he didn't like the fact that he had to pull the Steelers through without a beer!!  But we got a win .... as usual, in the last seconds!  Yesterday the Physical Therapist came and worked with him.  And today, we had to go looking for a new refrigerator so he has slept a lot this afternoon.  When it rains, it pours!  We had noticed since he came home from the hospital, that the cold packs he puts on his hip were not freezing totally.  (I change them out every 2-3 hours for him.)  I pulled out the bottom piece of the 'fridge and vacuumed the coils but it didn't seem to do much.  So, I have taken most of the food and put it in our outside freezer and put what I can in our small beer refrigerator in the garage.  I called Sears yesterday about getting a 'fridge from them, but their delivery date was going to be Nov. 19!  So we went to Lowe's Home Imp. today but the one we wanted was not in stock.   I ended up going online and found one at Home Depot and it will be delivered on Thursday!!  Yay!

I lost one of my best Lake Norman friends yesterday - the "good Sharon" as she always told me.  Sharon has been battling a blood disorder (similar to what Robin Roberts from GMA had) for about five years.  For the past year or so, she has been doing great.  But she started feeling bad in August shortly before they were supposed to go on a cruise.  They ended up canceling the cruise and she had several blood transfusions and platelets over the past couple of months.  I visited her in the hospital last Sunday and she was did not look good at all.  It scared me. Wednesday after Sonny's surgery, I went to see her again and she looked so much better.  But that evening, I stopped by her room as I was leaving and she was not in the room.  I was told that she was moved to Critical Care where she stayed for a couple of days.  She was taken to Hospice late Friday.  I went to see her Saturday morning, knowing I was saying my final good bye to her.  She told me she just couldn't fight any more but she wanted to make it through Sunday since that was their 40th wedding anniversary.  She died Monday at noon.  Luckily her children were able to get here in time.  Sharon was the first friend I made when I moved here nine years ago and I will miss her terribly.  We played bridge together every Monday.  We will have a big gap at the bridge table now.

No comments: