Thursday, November 12, 2015

Card Box with Cards

My sister and mom are going to a Lions Club Convention this weekend.  My sister, Angela, asked me if I could donate some items for the cause.  I made them a few calendars (digital) and Sonny made a couple of wooden calendar holders for them.  Then I pulled out all my Paper Pumpkin kits that I had not totally used all the parts and pieces and made several cards plus a little box to put them in.  These are two of the sets below.





Today was bittersweet.  I went to the my friend's funeral.  It was a lovely tribute to her but oh so sad. I started crying driving to town and the flood works kept going through the ceremony.  She and Julian had a combined family of 5 boys - 2 hers and 3 his but she raised them all.  They were all there with their families.  Her grandson is in the Marines and looked so handsome in his dress blues.  I just about lost it when he walked down the church aisle carrying the urn with her ashes and at the end, when he retrieved them from the altar and carried them out of the church.  And then, more crying when I heard the bagpipes playing outside the church as we all departed.  I don't think I've ever attended a Catholic funeral.  I told one of my friends who I was sitting with and who is also Catholic, that they sure do a lot of getting up and sitting down.  She told me that was their version of aerobics! After the church service, we visited with the family and had lunch that the Womens Auxillary had prepared.  There was a slide show of pictures of Sharon over the years that was nice to watch.  They also had music playing - a lot of 60s music with a lot of Aretha Franklin!  Sharon's ringtone was an Aretha song so it was very fitting.

I got my new refrigerator today!  So glad.  Tomorrow will be spent transferring all my food into it!

No comments: