Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Big Winner!

Wow!  Didn't realize I had not posted on my blog in almost a week!  Guess that video that I posted last week did me in!  No - just life getting in the way.  Nothing big, just routine things.  Ashley has been able to get on Facebook every evening (for us - morning for her) since last Thursday so we end up "chatting" with her for about 30-40 minutes.

This past weekend, I discovered a site on Facebook where I could sell some of my used stamps.  So I was busy all weekend taking pictures, pricing and posting.  I ended up making almost $300 so not bad.  I have a lot of retired dies and punches that I want to sell now.  They will be a little trickier to try and figure out packaging and mailing though.

This morning I was being pretty lazy - laying in bed and reading.  Decided to check my email before I got out of bed and what I discovered caused me to jump right up!  I went to the Stampin' Up website to read their weekly update to demonstrators and saw this announcement:

We have selected 20 lucky winners of our Inspire. Create. Share. 2015 design contest! Winners will be contacted with instructions on how to redeem their $200 shopping spree. We loved seeing everyone's amazing samples on our display boards and thank all of our contest participants! 

Would you believe it??!!  I was one of those lucky winners!!  I still can't believe it!  I never win anything.  My friend told me it was probably because I was complaining about convention this year! But here is my name in black and white among the other winners:

Ann Monrovia Annie Johnson April Silvester Becky Liggin Cindy Brumbaugh Dawn Heffernan Delores Hertel Doretta Petlowany Jeanna Bohannon Jen Pitta Joy Borwege Karen Struve Kathy McDowell Kristin Williams Leslie Teague Lynn Kolcun Natalie Travis Sharon Maranich Shawn de Oliveira Terry Bolender

Now the fun begins!!  I'll be taking another long look at the Holiday Catalog since I just sold all my retired Christmas sets!  I can justify it to myself (and to Sonny) now.

I am not sure which of my cards Stampin' Up chose as the winner since I put two cards on the Display Boards.  Here is one of them:

It is the card in the lower corner using Flower Shop.

I am not sure which other card I put on the board.  I think it was THIS ONE from Wetlands.  Oh well!  Doesn't matter now!


No comments: