Wednesday, May 20, 2015

San Diego

Well, I made it home safe and sound.  We had a great time in San Diego although it was pretty chilly. So much so that Sonny and I both bought jackets!  We really needed them on Friday as it was rainy and cool until the afternoon.  The temps were in the high 60s, low 70s the whole time .... and I took my bathing suit thinking I'd be laying by the pool or on the beach!  Ha, ha!

When we arrived at the San Diego Airport Tuesday, we were meeting Ashley in the baggage area. Well, we had not seen her new hair cut and did not recognize her!  She was on one side of the room and we were way over on the other.  She kept waving at us and Sonny asked me who was that girl over there waving.  I told him I didn't know but I waved back anyway.  As we got closer, we discovered it was Ashley!!




We spent Wednesday at the San Diego Zoo.  It was great.  Ever since our trip to New Zealand, I have been a big fan of zoos!  We didn't get to see the #1 attraction though - the Panda.  There was a 30 minute wait to stand in line and we opted out of that!



These were the most gorgeous trees!  They were all over San Diego.  They are the Jackaronda Tree.




Sonny used his cane most of the time when we were walking around and did o.k.  He is penciled in for surgery on June 3 now so let's hope his cardiologist gives him the green light when he sees him on Thursday!

No comments: