Thursday, March 19, 2015

MDS Monday - Spring Challenge!

I am going to do layouts for MDS Monday for as long as they keep the site going.  I'm sad that I think they may shut it down after Stampin' Up quits supporting MDS.  I have gotten so much inspiration on their site.  I really hope they decide to keep it going for us die-hards!

So the challenge this week was to focus on spring.  The sketch itself is pretty simple - the challenge to have something that grows (like a flower or plant) on your page.  Well, I think these flowers from the Botanical Garden at Christchurch, New Zealand fits the bill, don't you?  The flowers in New Zealand were just gorgeous!


I did a lot of color matching on this page.  I matched the colors in the orange day lily and the pink circle flower.  The background flowers are an overlay from Bunch of Backgrounds.  The doily started out green and I recolored it and lowered the opacity.  This page just makes you think SPRING!

Here is the sketch to follow:



Check out the designer's pages HERE.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon, this is just a lovely, lovely page... these flowers are beautiful... I don't have much of a green thumb, more of a black one really, so I can live vicariously through you!

Tami Hewlett said...

What a pretty page Sharon! I love the overlay in the background and the way you color matched the matts and title. Gorgeous photos too!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at MDS Monday.

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous page, Sharon. Your photos are stunning! great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week.

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, those flowers are gorgeous! I love the muted background strip you included. Great job! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.