Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Club Projects

This is my Stamp Club week.  We had fun making these cards this week:

This first one uses the birthday stamp from Sale-A-Bration along with the birthday DSP and Chalk Paper from the Occasions catalog along with the popular Bow Punch.



This is our Easter card. Most of the pieces for the card are retired - Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery card stock, ribbon and DSP.  I don't want to tell you how many cards I made trying to come up with this one!  We stamped the flowers directly onto the DSP.



This card uses Washi Tape - something I don't use very much  Some of the tape is from Stampin' Up and some is from one of the big box stores but since it matched Coastal Cabana so well, I had to use it!  We also used one of the newer photopolymer stamps - Lovely Amazing You - and the Bitty Butterfly Punch.

.Another easy card using the Vellum from Sale-A-Bration.  I just love this DSP! You can color it with markers but I decided to go simple.  I just cut a square of In Color DSP and backed the square of vellum allowing the DSP to show through the vellum.



More new Sale-A-Bration items:

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 6.23.50 AM

We are now at the end of Sale-A-Bration with only 2 weeks left.  It's been a rough ride over the last few months with crazy back orders.  The west coast port strike has done a number of back-logged products sitting in crates for too long.  Stampin' Up! is trying their best to keep on top of it but I'm not sure anyone could fully keep up.  The good news is SU has kept us abreast of the situation and even given us a few new options during this period of time.  (See the new items added to Sale-a-Bration above.)  It didn't help that the Blendabilties are now discontinued.  In a way, it is a good thing because of the constant issues we were having with them.  I will miss them but think in due time Stampin' Up! will come up with another option down the road.

Stampin' Up! did make an announcement today that has broken my heart though and that is the discontinuation of My Digital Studio.  Last year it was announced that they would not be putting much effort into the program.  I have adored MDS, as you know, and have created many beautiful albums, hundreds of layouts and have enjoyed teaching digital art to others.  But the writing was on the wall and I knew this was coming; just not sure when so I can't say I was too surprised today. 

If you have downloaded My Digital Studio, no worries.  You can still use the program.  Stampin' Up! will not support the program after May 31st.  All digital downloads will be discontinued.  If there is something that you want or need .... NOW is the time to grab it.  The BIGGEST thing is to back up your current digital downloads.  I recommend an external hard drive - that is what I am going to do.  You can copy your components folder and put it on the external hardIoptions for printing.  I am going to be checking into Persnickety Prints as well as Shutterfly.

I will continue to create layouts and scrapbooks using digital files.  Stampin' Up got me hooked on digital and I see no reason to quit!


This week's weekly deals - 



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





No comments: