Monday, September 1, 2014

For All Things

Sorry for the lack of posts.  Ashley arrived on Friday a.m. and it has been non-stop since!!  When we picked her up at the airport, we headed over to The Original Pancake House in Charlotte for breakfast and then a quick stop at the Peach Stand in Denver on the way home for a box of peaches - yum!!  After dropping her stuff - and her cat, Bogart - at home, she and I drove into town to Kohl's for her to get a Ninja Blender and to Target.  When we got back home, we packed up and went out on the boat until dark.  Saturday morning she and I left the house at 8:30 a.m. to go to a Stamping Extravaganza at Allison's house.  It was great and we left with 20 cards and 4 projects.  When we finished our stamping, we stopped off at Stein Mart to check out the Labor Day specials before meeting Sonny at the Galway Hooker for dinner.  Sunday morning, again we set out early to attend church in Charlotte at Myers Park Methodist Church.  That is where Sonny and I were married 41 years ago and I haven't been in that church since.  I thought Ashley would like seeing that beautiful church.  When we left there, we headed over to Old Meck Brewery for lunch a few brews.  It is a neat place off South Boulevard in Charlotte and has a biergarten outside.  It was too hot to sit out there but I bet Sonny and I will return in the fall.  We took a tour of the brewery that was fun too.  After a couple of hours there, we drove over to the NoDa Brewery.  It was really crowded and did not have near the atmosphere of Old Meck.  We also went to another brewery right next door but basically walked in and walked out it was so crowded!  Then back to Old Meck hoping to meet up with Margaret and Graham who are in town visiting their daughter and the new baby.  Unfortunately, they were running late and we could not wait for them.  We had to meet my family at 6 in Concord for dinner.  We had a nice visit with my brother and his family and Mom and my sister before heading for home - exhausted!!!  This morning, it was nice to not have anything scheduled.  Ashley and I stamped a few cards and now we are getting ready to go out on the boat to RELAX!!  I need it!  Tomorrow we have lunch plans with my mom and we are getting messages in the afternoon.  We are hoping to also get together with Margaret and Graham before leaving on Wednesday a.m. for D.C.

I don't think I have shared this card.  I got this single stamp as a Convention give-away.  The "dots" are a technique I learned at convention.  Scribble a Blendability pen onto the (non-stick) Silicon Mat and drop Crystal Effects on top of it.  Let it dry and you have colored dots.



I will be in Washington D.C. until next Monday so I am not so sure about posting to my blog.

No comments: