Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mooresville NC Quarterly is in the Books!

Oh, what a fun weekend I had!  It's hard to believe after all the planning and creating, the Mooresville NC Quarterly has come and gone already!  I think Marianne and I did a good job and pulled it off!   She and I arrived at the hotel around 1:30 and got to work setting up the room and unpacking our cars!!

Packed Car!


Lots of stuff to carry in!!

The ladies started arriving around 4 pm and got busy working on shoebox swaps.  We had 31 cards to create.  I wasn't so sure that we'd get them done in time to get any sleep.  But everyone followed the rules and made their cards simple enough to be able to complete quickly but they were also great cards.  A lot of the work had been done in advance so it made it much easier for us to complete the cards in record time. Marianne and I finished our cards around midnight.  She went up to bed about midnight and I hit the sack around 1 a.m. Although there was too much going through my head to be able to sleep well.  We were up and at it by 7 a.m. Saturday morning.  We had our breakfast and set up Saturday registration and started our meeting at 8:45 a.m.   After a short business meeting and introduction of everyone, Allison was able to start our first project at 10 a.m.  She did a great job (I'll be sharing the project later) and all the ladies loved making their Spring Collage Frame.  Next was lunch - sandwiches that we got from Harris Teeter (thanks to Marianne's hubbie for delivering them!)  After lunch, Jo Anne led us through three projects using the Scallop Tag Punch.  Oh so cute!!  (haven't taken pictures of them yet)  Next Karen taught us her version of the Card in a Box.  (I still have to finish mine - I was getting too tired by then to have the patience to finish!!)  We ended up finishing a lot earlier than I had expected so the girls who had a distance to drive were able to get a head start on their drive - or as it turned out, they had time to go to Ikea to do some shopping before hitting the highway home!!  All that and six Prize Patrols!  Everyone went home with prize merchandise as well as welcome bags that Marianne and I had put together.  Our "welcome" bag contained several items that Marianne and I had made including chapstick (decorated with a belly band that I made in MDS); bottle cap necklace or key chain; pouch made with the Petal Cone Die (retired) with straws and lemonade in them; "crackers" made with Envelope Punch Board; and a foam pad for stamping.  

chapstick
My Shoebox Card made with Petite Petals in Primrose 




No comments: