Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Paper Craft Challenge MDS

Well, what did you think of the Retiring Stamps and Accessories?  I lost a bunch of dies, embossing folders and ribbon but didn't do too bad on my stamps.  I'm going to pull them today and make a count.  Several that I lost were ones I received free from Stampin' Up and really weren't used a lot anyway so it wasn't so bad.  I am going to start sharing some cards this week made with the retiring stamps.  There are only 5-6 stamp sets that have sold out completely so there is still time to order a retired set.  And with free shipping all week, it is a great deal!  I ended up putting 3 orders in on Monday and still missed out on getting the In-Color reinkers and card stock because they sold out so quickly.

Don't forget the weekly specials - with free shipping, they are a good deal too!



We had a very nice and quiet Easter.  We went to church with Mom and after church, we brought her back to our house for the day. Angela had to work so she didn't arrive until after 4 pm.   I spent most of the day in the kitchen getting our Easter meal ready,.  I almost forgot to make Sonny's special cherry jello salad and the deviled eggs!  Luckily, he reminded me about his salad early enough so it was mostly congealed by the time we ate!  And I remembered the eggs around 2 and got them made in time.  The weather was nice but just a bit cool.  But by the time we finished our meal, it was warm enough to sit out on the deck with our sweaters on and listen to the birds chirping.  Mom really enjoyed that.  I wish we could put our bird feeders back up but the squirrels got to be such a nuisance that we took them down a couple of years ago.  But I did see a beautiful bright blue bird in the trees yesterday.  And this morning while eating breakfast, I saw a bird bringing materials into a bird house that I have sitting on the railing of the deck.  Maybe I'll be seeing and hearing baby birds soon!

I made my card for the Paper Craft Challenge late last night and didn't get it turned in in time to be featured on the site.  But here it is anyway.  You can check out what the other members did with the sketch HERE.



Sonny and I enjoy playing trivia and we discovered a small bar in Mooresville that does a live trivia every Tuesday night.  We went last week and had a good time although we didn't do so good on the trivia questions.  But we went again last night and did terrible!  They do 4 rounds of questions and you assign points to each category.  The 3rd round we didn't get ANY questions correct.  A lot of the questions seem to be targeted to the younger generation.  Here are a few of the questions - see if you can get them right!  (answers at bottom of post)

1. Name all the members of the singing group, New Kids on the Block (5 of them)
2. What team drafted John Elway right out of college?
3. What is the name of this shot - vodka, triple sec and lime juice?
4. When a car has been "chopped" what is lowered?
5. Where did Dwaye Wade (NBA) go to college?

These are just 5 of the 20 questions we had.  Lucky for us, they give bonus points if you "like" them on Facebook, if you "check in" on Facebook.  At half time, they ask a bonus question and if you get it right you get additional points.  We thought we had this one!  Q:  What is the highest rated animated series - Lion King, Frozen, Cars - we answered Lion King BUT it was Frozen!!  Then at the end, you can bet up to 30 points for the bonus question.  Stan Lee created all but one of these comic books - Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine, Beast - which one did he not create?  We guessed Wolverine and got it right!!  So we ended up tied for 3rd.

OK - give up on the answers????

Answers:
1.  Donny Wahlberg (only one I knew), Jonathan Knight, Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Danny Wood
2.  Baltimore Ravens
3.  Kamikaze
4.  the roof
5.  Marquette

No comments: