Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Modern Medley Overlay

If I had finished this card in time, I could have mailed it to my son.  Today is his birthday.  It is hard to believe my "baby" is 35 years old!!  Wow!  How time flies.  Seems like just yesterday he was making sandwiches for the guys in our neighborhood who were building new homes on our street.  He would make peanut butter sandwiches and take them to the construction workers and have lunch with them!  That was in the days that we didn't have to worry if our child went down the street to play.  I know there were predators but they just didn't seem to be every where like they are now.   I called him earlier to wish him a happy birthday.  He told me it was easy to remember how old he, my mom and myself are - Jeff & I are 30 years apart and add another 20 for my mom!  Makes it easy, huh???

My MDS birthday card for the Paper Craft Crew challenge this week is made using red and black.  I love that color combo!


I used a recent stamp that I purchased.  It is the Modern Medley Overlay.  I used the music notes - making one of the overlays black over the white card stock and the other one white over the black card stock.  For "smile" I did the first one in black; copied it and pasted it directly on top and changed the color to Red.  Then I just used my arrow keys to move the word over so it looked like it shadowed the black one.

Check out the great cards the rest of the crew made HERE.

No comments: