Friday, October 18, 2013

How Short Life Is

Wow!  It's already Friday??  Where does time go?! 

I have been trying to wrap my mind around a tragic event that happened this week.  One of my son's high school friends committed suicide.  He went to a park and put a gun to his head.  What led up to this young man's death?  What demons was he fighting?  Why did he not get help?   I heard from another friend of my son's last night who is struggling to understand this tragedy also.  He and James had parted ways several years ago over a disagreement and now, he is realizing how short life can be. He is now trying to reach out to other friends who have become estranged (one being my son).  So maybe some good can come out of this tragedy.  We are reminded how short life really is at times like this, and how we are just passing through. So, all the people you haven't told you love lately, tell them, and live your days like you mean it.

I want to share with you the muslin bag that Joy did at club this week.  She decided to make the bag her own and stenciled her initial onto the bag.  I think it turned out really cute.

 

Also - SAVE THE DATE!!  I will be sending out info soon about the Christmas Card Stamp A Stack.  I will be finishing up the cards for the event this weekend.  I have one date so far - November 16 (Saturday).  We will also be picking a weekday evening which has not been determined yet.  This is always such a fun event.  You don't want to miss it if you live in this area!!

Here is one of the cards I made this week.  Will it make the cut?  Not sure  - what do you think?

No comments: