Sunday, October 6, 2013

And a Good Time was Had By All

What a fun weekend I had.  Marianne and I left Mooresville Friday morning and headed to Shallotte in her brand new card!  We stopped along the way and did a little shopping and ended up at Lake Waccamaw in time for an early dinner at Dale's Seafood.

After eating, we headed to Shallotte, checked into our motel and went to the high school to work on 23 shoeboxes.  We got all of them done but each other's by midnight.  There were some great cards and I got a lot of new ideas.  Saturday we headed back to the school for quarterly.  Several of us demonstrations teaching projects to the group.  Here is the first card we made that Nancy Carr had for us:


Isn't it great??  It's really a lot easier than it looks.

We had door prizes all during the day.  I won a beautiful fall plaque.  It was on the "show and tell" table earlier in the day and I had taken a picture so I could try and make it at home.  Now I don't have to.


When the Quarterly was over, Marianne and I went to Sunset Beach with one of the gals from Wilmington, Penny.  There was a festival going on with a great beach band playing.  We wandered around the festival looking at the different booths and then found a few seats in the shade to listen to the band until they pulled us up to dance in the conga line!!





We popped in to a Mexican restaurant and had a margarita and got to know each other better.  From there we drove to the beach to put our toes in the sand and see the awesome sunset.  After all, we were at Sunset Beach!!




Isn't it cool how the camera did the reflection of the sunset in the marsh?

Marianne, me and Penny


It was getting to be dinner time and Marianne and I still hadn't decided where we were going to stay for the night.  We drove to Calabash and had some great seafood.  We were going to find a hotel in North Myrtle but it turned out to be bikers weekend and the hotels were full.  So we drove back to Shallotte and stayed at the hotel we had stayed in the previous night.  This morning after breakfast, we hit the road for home.  We stopped at Goody's in Wadesboro so I could get some new shoes (2 pair actually!)  On the way to Shallotte we stopped there and Marianne bought 2 pairs - it was "buy one, get one free".  I used all my will power and did not even try them on.  But I weakened on the way home!  Driving along, we saw a "Peaches and Cream" ice cream shop.  Marianne made a U-turn to get back to that!!  It was delicious - home made peach ice cream!!  Plus, it was also a little roadside produce stand with apples from the mountains and muscadine grapes, my favorite! 

It was a great weekend!

No comments: