Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wetlands


 Hope you had a good weekend!  I did.  We finally had a weekend with NO rain!!  Sonny and I went to Hickory on Saturday.  He was looking for ammo at a good price and I was just looking!  He dropped me at the mall where I bought a new pair of shoes (that I don't need but they were on sale and really cute!) and then over to AC Moore where I bought some canvases to try my hand at some mixed media Halloween pictures.  On Sunday, I met Angela and Mom for brunch after church and brought Mom back home with me.  We went out on the boat for the afternoon.  We found a nice shady area on one of the small islands on the lake and beached the pontoon.  That way Mom could get in the water easily.  It was really enjoyable.  After lounging around, we boated over to a restaurant on the lake and had dinner before heading home.  When we got home, Mom took a bath in my tub.  She loves my garden tub with the jets beating on her!

It's funny how you can look at a stamp set in the catalog and think to yourself, what would I do with that set?  That's the way I felt about the set, Wetlands (pg 69).  Well, after convention, I have a new found respect for the set! 

I received several swaps using this set that I just loved.  And after further evaluation, I have decided that this would make a good masculine card.  Like many others, I struggle with making masculine cards.  So .... this set may just be finding a home in my craft room in the near future!

Here are a few of the swaps that I received with this stamp set:






No comments: