Monday, August 19, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away!

(OOPS - thought I posted this last night!)

Rain, rain go away!!  I think we are going to float away.  I have never seen so much rain.  This whole summer has been a rain out.  Ashley is coming to visit Thursday night so I hope the rain clears out the week she is here.  I know we'll have fun anyway - we always do - but she wants to go out on the boat a few times while she's here and a few dry days would help that plan.

Marianne and I  headed down to CKC Friday morning.  I was signed up for a Button Farm Mini Album class at 11:30 and she was able to sign up for an SEI class at the same time.  After class, we called our hotel shuttle man and had him take us to Mertz Heart and Soul for lunch.  YUM!  I had catfish and veggies and it was so good!  We decided that will be a yearly tradition from now on.  After lunch, we did a little shopping in the vendor mall before heading to our next class.  We took a Creative Keepsakes class making a destination mini album.  I hope to use mine for my New Zealand trip or maybe my cruise. Marianne decided to make hers for her sister in law who is just returned from London and Paris.  Marianne was one step ahead of me and brought us small bottles of Moscato wine which we drank while having our own scrapping party in the hotel lobby.  We were able to spread out and work on the albums from our earlier classes.  Saturday we had an 8:30 class so we were up bright and early to catch our shuttle over to the convention center again.  We took a morning class, did some more shopping before our last class. 

Sonny and I went to the movies on Sunday to see The Butler.  It was really good and I highly recommend it.  It is based on a true story of Cecil Gaines who served eight presidents during his tenure as a butler at the White House.  No matter your politics, it makes you understand how far this country has come to have a black president.

Last Thursday and this Tuesday are my Stamp Club days.  Here are a couple of the cards we are making this month.

 This is a great man's card, don't you think?  I love it!  I CASE'd it from the very talented Kathryn Lovell.  We did this card at a recent shoebox swap and I thought it would be great using the DSP, Sweater Weather.

 This was also a CASE from Dawn Griffith.  She has a video on her website that shows how to make this card.  I love it!

No comments: